4ZB5FoykTh_OOG1MtDYjPt87VfU Positively Depressed: Selective Thoughts, Who Me?

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Selective Thoughts, Who Me?




Day 11 of the 30 Day Blog-a-Day Challenge

“You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That’s the only thing you should be trying to control.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert  author of the bestselling book Eat, Pray, Love


This tasty little quote was in my email today from Positive Outlooks Blog.  I am in desperate need of learning to control my thoughts.  I am way too sensitive, over think every little thing, and care way too much about people and things that don't matter.  I don't think, I feel.  I want to develop selective thinking instead of selective hearing.

Being so overly sensitive has definitely been a curse.  I am so emotional.  I am tired of feeling like a cry baby.  My personal joke is that I should have been an actress; I can cry at the drop of a hat.

With that said, I became a blogger.  HA, no more waiting tables until I make it big, no auditions, and I do not have to remember my lines.  Instead, I write.  I don't want to be famous.  I just want to be heard, understood, and inspiring, without the negative, emotional thoughts and feelings of my depressed brain getting in the way.

Maybe with the help of blogging, I can even gain the power to control my thoughts and to be more selective when comes to my sensitivity and thought process.  Hey, who knows maybe I could learn to stop worrying!  Wouldn't that be grand?!? (*Grinning From Ear to Ear**)


/

post signature
http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! You are not alone.
**Support Mental Health**


Positively Depressed RSS Feed

We are in this together

We are in this together

.

.
a to z challenge (42) challenge (38) Blog for Mental Health 2014 (18) blogging (18) depression (18) random (16) Mental Health (12) humor (11) mental illness (9) Blog (8) awareness (8) stigma (8) randomness (7) Ultimate Blog Challenge (6) affirmations (6) quote (6) self-love (6) bloggers (5) blogs (5) positive (5) self-love. Madly in Love with Me (5) Team Love (4) awards (4) blog party (4) hope (4) love (4) mental illness awareness (4) self-acceptance (4) suicide (4) anxiety (3) free (3) humorous (3) positivity (3) sensitive (3) sillyness (3) stress (3) thoughts (3) writing (3) Facebook page (2) Love Ambassador (2) accomplishment (2) affirmation (2) appreciation (2) believe in yourself (2) change (2) control (2) happiness (2) information (2) liebster award (2) life (2) me (2) peace (2) pink (2) plan (2) poetry (2) positive words (2) resources (2) strength (2) 6 words (1) Bipolar (1) Bring on 2014 (1) I Declare Tuesday (1) I am me (1) Kevin Breel (1) Linky (1) PTSD (1) acceptance (1) advice (1) arthritis (1) assertiveness (1) attitude (1) birthday (1) blog love (1) blogosphere (1) blunt (1) bold (1) buoyant (1) campaign (1) chocolate (1) chronic fatigue (1) chronic illness (1) co-hostess (1) compassion (1) cute (1) cyber bullying (1) despair (1) dolphins (1) eloquent (1) emotions (1) empowerment (1) enough (1) eunoia (1) exotic (1) fabulous (1) feeling bad (1) feelings (1) frustration (1) funny (1) glorious (1) goal (1) goals (1) grateful (1) gratitude (1) greeting (1) guest post (1) health (1) hopeful (1) hypersensitivity (1) in my hood (1) infographic (1) inspired (1) jamie (1) journal (1) judgement (1) keeping it real (1) liebster (1) living (1) loving the world (1) lucky (1) madness (1) marvelous (1) men (1) misery (1) moms (1) mother's day (1) noble (1) online dating (1) owls (1) party (1) passion (1) peace rose (1) personal (1) photos (1) pig (1) pledge (1) proud (1) queens (1) quintessential (1) rant (1) raw thoughts (1) reasons to blog (1) remembrance (1) rewards (1) rewritten blog (1) risks (1) self-help (1) self-pity (1) selfies (1) silly (1) sleep (1) social media (1) statistics (1) strong (1) struggling (1) support (1)

Affiliates

New Blog Set-Up Package Blogelina\'s Blog Set-Up Service

Free Guide on How to Build a Successful Blog

Everything You Need To Build A Successful Blog
Love All Blogs

.

.