4ZB5FoykTh_OOG1MtDYjPt87VfU Positively Depressed: Just a Reminder Why I Write

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Just a Reminder Why I Write

I have always been friendly, a people person, a talker. I always got along with just about anyone. But I never knew I had so much to say. I am NOT a "yes" or "no" type of gal. I respond, comment, answer everything as if it was an essay question. Maybe it has to do with my many years as a professional college student, who knows; or maybe it has to do with my shyness that plague my childhood and early adult years. One thing is for sure, I always loved to write. I always wanted to be heard and appreciated for what I wrote.

I feel like I have lived most my life wondering what others thought of me. Now that I have freed myself from what others think, I am able to be my true authentic self. I am finally able speak my mind. I am now able to speak openly about myself, express my feelings, and to tell the world what I honestly think about issues that interest me. I am finally able to write whatever I want as a blogger. Wow, what a great feeling to find my voice. The tape has been ripped off my mouth. Now I just cannot seem to shut up. I will not be quiet. I am me, hear me roar.

Yes, I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and I am highly sensitive among other illnesses. My only child, my teenage daughter suffers from Anxiety, Borderline Personality Disorder, and Bipolar with Anger Issues. So you see, I want to do my part in helping to end the stigma of mental illness. I hope to inspire others. I want people to know that they are not alone. We all have a story to tell. This is my story, my journey with mental illness. I am not defined by my mental illness but it has made me who I am today. I blog to help myself and hopefully others. I also share my journey, my life, the real me on various social media outlets. I am an open book that I proudly display. I am not ashamed of who I am. I do not need anyone's persmission to live my life. It is MY life to live. This is my always real, beautifully chaotic, mostly stressful, overly sensitive, wild at heart, very random, attitude filled, so caring, so loving, anxious with life, trying to cure my loneliness, hell of a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! You are not alone.
**Support Mental Health**


Positively Depressed RSS Feed

We are in this together

We are in this together

.

.
a to z challenge (42) challenge (38) Blog for Mental Health 2014 (18) blogging (18) depression (18) random (16) Mental Health (12) humor (11) mental illness (9) Blog (8) awareness (8) stigma (8) randomness (7) Ultimate Blog Challenge (6) affirmations (6) quote (6) self-love (6) bloggers (5) blogs (5) positive (5) self-love. Madly in Love with Me (5) Team Love (4) awards (4) blog party (4) hope (4) love (4) mental illness awareness (4) self-acceptance (4) suicide (4) anxiety (3) free (3) humorous (3) positivity (3) sensitive (3) sillyness (3) stress (3) thoughts (3) writing (3) Facebook page (2) Love Ambassador (2) accomplishment (2) affirmation (2) appreciation (2) believe in yourself (2) change (2) control (2) happiness (2) information (2) liebster award (2) life (2) me (2) peace (2) pink (2) plan (2) poetry (2) positive words (2) resources (2) strength (2) 6 words (1) Bipolar (1) Bring on 2014 (1) I Declare Tuesday (1) I am me (1) Kevin Breel (1) Linky (1) PTSD (1) acceptance (1) advice (1) arthritis (1) assertiveness (1) attitude (1) birthday (1) blog love (1) blogosphere (1) blunt (1) bold (1) buoyant (1) campaign (1) chocolate (1) chronic fatigue (1) chronic illness (1) co-hostess (1) compassion (1) cute (1) cyber bullying (1) despair (1) dolphins (1) eloquent (1) emotions (1) empowerment (1) enough (1) eunoia (1) exotic (1) fabulous (1) feeling bad (1) feelings (1) frustration (1) funny (1) glorious (1) goal (1) goals (1) grateful (1) gratitude (1) greeting (1) guest post (1) health (1) hopeful (1) hypersensitivity (1) in my hood (1) infographic (1) inspired (1) jamie (1) journal (1) judgement (1) keeping it real (1) liebster (1) living (1) loving the world (1) lucky (1) madness (1) marvelous (1) men (1) misery (1) moms (1) mother's day (1) noble (1) online dating (1) owls (1) party (1) passion (1) peace rose (1) personal (1) photos (1) pig (1) pledge (1) proud (1) queens (1) quintessential (1) rant (1) raw thoughts (1) reasons to blog (1) remembrance (1) rewards (1) rewritten blog (1) risks (1) self-help (1) self-pity (1) selfies (1) silly (1) sleep (1) social media (1) statistics (1) strong (1) struggling (1) support (1)

Affiliates

New Blog Set-Up Package Blogelina\'s Blog Set-Up Service

Free Guide on How to Build a Successful Blog

Everything You Need To Build A Successful Blog
Love All Blogs

.

.